Welcome

~ This blog is my journal as I learn to view each moment as a gift from God. Feel free to join me as I learn and grow through this wild adventure of abundant life, moment by moment!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One of the many reasons I love homeschooling…

 

  Last week our science reading was on seeds. We read many books about seeds, sprouted seeds, went outside and looked for seeds, etc….. One of our readings discussed the many ways that seeds are spread – wind, birds, bursting seed pods, etc…. Anyhow, we discussed them for a little while (all of my kids finding the bird discussion very funny because, at 2, 4, and 6, poop is funny.) The next day we were reviewing and when I asked if anyone remembered any of the ways that seeds are spread my 2yo piped up VERY enthusiastically with “POOP!!! Duck-duck (his name for all of the avian species) POOP!”   I had to laugh…. my 2 yo boy remembered from one day to the next our science lesson because it had to do with poop. Boys are soooooo funny!!!

Now, lunch and back to school since we got a late start today.  :o)   *

1 comment:

  1. we did that lesson! It was a fun one, as well as the recognition that birds poop out seeds. sigh, kids idea of humor :)

    ReplyDelete