Last week was a real whirlwind and so, though we did school every day, I am struggling to remember all that we did! Lol.
The kids are loving the stories from Hero Tales. Week 3 was about the life of Dwight Moody. Each day the kids begged me to read ahead! I love the conversations that follow our readings as we discuss the character traits at the end of each chapter. We are also reading the story of Cameron Townsend. The kids struggle with the concept that some people groups do not have the Bible in their own language and how many years it can take to translate the Bible. It really opens your eyes to the privilege of having God’s Word in our language. We take it for granted far too often!
We are in the U.S. this week and the kids have enjoyed finding states on the map and I was pleased with how many they knew.
For our art project we made a Coup Stick. Once again, what I envisioned is not what we ended up with, but I still think it turned out nice. :o)
Here are the 8yos story medallions:
The 6yos:
The 4yos:
and the finished product:
We also made Matthew bookmarks, writing Matthew in Greek as well as English, as we will be memorizing verses from Matthew this year.
J(8):
B(6):
We still have not started our leaf collections, I need the rain to stop so we can collect in the dry and get bark rubbings too. I have grandiose ideas for those too but I am sure the reality will be nothing like the idea! ;o)


The medallions are precious!
ReplyDeleteThank you Monica! I was surprised but what they chose and how many included me! I'm feeling very blessed by their sweetness, makes me love homeschooling even more. ♥
ReplyDeleteI love your school posts!!! they are so fun to read, its exciting to get to experiance it with you!
ReplyDeletemamagriffith
Thank you Mamagriffith! I am hoping to do it weekly and link up with others doing the same curriculum. It is a great way to get inspiration and we are really loving this year!
ReplyDelete