Well, where did the time go? My goal to put pics up for my Mom fell through…. She is now home and I didn’t get them up. *Sigh* Sorry Mom! Life has just been so crazy busy……. Now that you are home to babysit maybe I can get it done! lol ;o)
On another very different subject. Typing while holding a baby is not easy! lol Actually what I was going to say was that those of you who have known me since youth should be very glad that my scanner/printer isn’t speaking with my computer right now! In cleaning up a mess I stumbled upon my box of old photos…… Old polaroids, and old pics from my first little point and shoot that used, *gasp*, film! ;o) I have been unable to look through all of them as I have always had a love for photography and this resulted in a very large collection of pics. The pics are soooo funny! At least I can see some progress in my photography skills! I am going to sort through them and toss a lot of them. I have entire rolls of film that were processed without 1 pic being in focus!!! These were some of my first attempts at macro photography with a camera that did not have macro capabilities. So funny to look at and maybe funnier yet that I kept them. I am such a pack rat! Working on that character weakness though. If I can ever get my scanner to work I may have to share some of them. :o) We all need a good laugh sometimes……
So, does anyone else go through photography phases? Sometimes I do so good and get lots of kids pics and then I go for too long without. I looked through my pics to get the photo posts up for Mom and found that I have hardly taken any pics of the older 3 the last few months. The last really good picture taking spree was in June and has been very sporadic since then. Now I have missed the best weather and am not very good at indoor pics. Oh well, I will just have to keep pressing forward.
Inspired by this post, I am going to try and blog more often. No promises though, I often have good intentions that get lost in the craziness of life!
Well, enough rambling for today…..


I guess I'm one of those who should be glad your scanner isn't working! I'd imagine you have some blackmail-worthy pics of me from our wild childhood together :o).
ReplyDeleteI went the whole summer without taking pictures--in fact, when I uploaded my photos to Shutterfly last night, I realized my site was still decorated for spring! I guess life just gets in the way sometimes, you know?
And lastly, I'm glad to have inspired you! Guess you're not a cactus kind of girl either :o) In case decorating your blog inspires you to write more--the new template designer on Blogger is easy to use and lets you pick the number of columns (1-3) and then adjust the width of each column with a slider bar. Let me know if you want some help!
Forget the scanner, just use your camera and take pictures of old pictures. I did this and it turned out better than the scanner. Better resolution and then you can edit the pictures of the old pictures and lighten them up a bit if needed (which is often the case with old family candid shots). It's so much easier too. Now you don't have an excuse for not sharing old embarrassing photos!
ReplyDelete