Welcome

~ This blog is my journal as I learn to view each moment as a gift from God. Feel free to join me as I learn and grow through this wild adventure of abundant life, moment by moment!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Out of the mouths of children..... and other randomness

In our local area there is a Bridal Bible college. Because of that we get an influx of students each fall. As my children have gotten older they have become braver around these kids and seek out those that look friendly to them to become their new "best friends". Now, in case you didn't know this, there always seems to be an epidemic of twitterpation that accompanies these students. Many of the students engage in flirting and such, even while at church...... Now, my kids have been raised with some pretty strict ideas on what is appropriate and what is not and, though the eldest is only six, they know that kissing and touchy-feely friendliness is for when you are married. :o)  Anyhow, so Sunday night we had our Pastor appreciation potluck. My kids and I came late as we had to get dinner at home (potlucks and food intolerances are not a good combo) and so there was just 1 table left. We ended up sitting alone at this table which was right next to the BC students that had come. My kids were delighted to see their new friends were sitting so close and occasionally would engage them in conversation....... I didn't think much of it.  When we got home my 6 yo was telling about all of the Rebecca's that she knows, 1 of which was a student that had been at the dinner. Now, truth be told there were 2 students named Rebecca there but my girls have only met 1 so when, just because I love to hear my kids describe people because their insight is always so great, I asked which one she said (in a very matter of fact tone) "She was the one sitting next to the boy that couldn't keep his hands off of her" she then proceeded to tell me who all of the other Rebeccas were while I struggled to keep from hysterics. What a hoot! Children just say it like it is!  ( Just so no one gets a wrong idea of what goes on at our potlucks ;o),  he just had his arm around her shoulders or was rubbing her back - pretty discreet but obviously not discreet enough! LOL!!!)

 I was going to fill this with other random tid-bits (like- Mom, I rearranged your living room. Hope you like it! :o)  but I am tired and my sweet hubby actually got home at a decent time, so I am going to go pour forth my 40,000 pent up words upon his poor unsuspecting self. :o)

2 comments:

  1. That is really really funny!
    I hope you didn't talk your husband's ear off : ) , he kind of needs those, but I'm glad that he got home at a decent hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't care about those things (rearranging)! I can hear J clearly :-)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete