Welcome

~ This blog is my journal as I learn to view each moment as a gift from God. Feel free to join me as I learn and grow through this wild adventure of abundant life, moment by moment!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Hair Envy

I am suffering from hair envy............ as mentioned in the previous post, I spent a week with a friend that has absolutely gorgeous thick curls. I barely survived that only to walk into church and get overwhelmed with all of the hair. My friend Ed's wife has amazing hair and no matter what she does it looks great - long, short, up down, down, layered, one length..... you get the idea, then MamaG walked in with the most beautiful up-do I have ever seen (she also has amazing hair that looks good all the time). I am now so green it is not funny. MamaG if you read this, I am begging you to expand your writing skills and try photo journalism. I think that you need to do a photo essay on how to achieve that style! My biggest problem though is, no matter how many styles I try, there are few to no styles that actually look like they should because of how thin my hair is. When I go to the salon and am asked what I want done to my hair their responses run the gamut. I get everything from all out laughter and "Ya, I bet you do wish your hair would do that" to sympathetic shoulder pats and "I'm sorry dear but it just isn't possible with thin hair like yours". Ah, the tragedy of thin hair. I have secretly eyed many a hair product that promises to give thick, beautiful locks. Fear always wins out as visions of said products causing all of my hair to fall out rush to my mind............... thin hair is better than no hair! My grandma once tried a product that promised to give you thicker eyebrows....... now she has none! You can pencil in eyebrows and look good but you can't pencil in a whole head of hair!
Speaking of hair....... Here are the promised pics!Here I am:




Oops! wrong one! I did not go blond. :o) Let me try again..........



That's better...... not much different than my normal color but a nice subtle change. I have yet to get a pic that really shows the color.........

And here is Courtney, notice those gorgeous curls and the stunning color! I love how it turned out!


Well, that's all for now folks! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. so thankful for the pictures! promise me your never go blond. Your hair is no thinner than mine, I just have the fortunate occurance of having it fried by a salon, making it absolutly perfect for up-do's. did you also note it was glued in place? no flat iron would bring the sheen back so i loaded it up with hairspray after back combing it thuroughly! Next time i will post during pics so you can see how its done. The real trick is finding enough time in the bathroom alone to acomplish the task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I like yours, Beci. At least it will lay flat! Mine has to be thoroughly manhandled before it will even think about it.

    ReplyDelete