Welcome

~ This blog is my journal as I learn to view each moment as a gift from God. Feel free to join me as I learn and grow through this wild adventure of abundant life, moment by moment!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trauma, Tragedy, and Triumph

   I have thought a lot about this post. I know I could turn it into a little life lessons for you, a sort of allegory I suppose. I could say some words of wisdom to tug at your emotions, but I have come to grips with the fact that it is just not my gifting. So, I’ll just tell you what happened, show you pics, and let you come up with your own heart tugging life lesson to accompany it. :o)

  This last week we had a family of little chickadee chicks (I think) leave the nest from the tree in the backyard. Sadly, their mother had not warned them of the danger of glass…… We were cleaning house when we heard 3 thumps on the window. The kids ran to see what the noise was and discovered 3 baby birds laying on the steps below our slider.

August 11 061

We all went out to see what could be done.  We gently helped 2 of them into upright positions and found them a place to recover that was safe from the cat. Sadly, the third was beyond help. 

 August 11 042

There were tears shed by one sensitive member of the family, but we had many good discussions on life. (I thought about telling my kids just how dangerous leaving the nest was and letting them know they should stay with me forever but thought that, 30 years or so from now, I may regret that little talk  ;o)  The kids were thrilled to be able to touch these little birds and to “help” them recover.  They were also thrilled when they finally flew away.  I think it took a good 1/2 hour before they flew. I wanted a pic of their departure but I wasn’t patient enough  ;o)

They had the most vibrant yellow on their tails, which is kind of making me wonder if they really were  Chickadees…….

August 11 039

but they had the little “masks” like a chickadee.  :o/

August 11 037p1

If any of you are bird experts and want to help with a positive I.D.  that would be lovely.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you're gonna need to blog more if you want comments :) I liked the pics! but no idea what the bird is.

    ReplyDelete