Welcome

~ This blog is my journal as I learn to view each moment as a gift from God. Feel free to join me as I learn and grow through this wild adventure of abundant life, moment by moment!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The highlights of our week

This week has been an interesting one……. Right now everyone is sleeping but me. I wish I were but I just ate and well, with baby taking up so much room in there, I just can’t lay down after eating. :o(   We have had lots of family fun this week. We went to the beach one eve and it was amazing!  I was so tired afterwards I thought I would drop but we lived through it. Sadly I had to make the hard choice to leave my camera in the car. I wanted new beach pics of the kids but last time I took it to the beach is when it started acting up. Hard as I try to protect it from blowing sand I am not sure I am fully able to and I don’t want a repeat of of camera probs now that my warranty is expired!  The kids each found “perfect” walking sticks, which came home with us, and the girls names theirs. ;o) They love to name things!

  We spent several hours yesterday at a neighbors because my sweet hubby had agreed to mow the property. We were not able to finish but we had a lot of fun while there. Kids made forts, climbed “mountains”, explored nooks and crannies, had a picnic, rode with Daddy on the lawn mower, etc….  I, for the first time in my almost 30yrs of life, mowed a yard!!! It was a rider so I can’t get too big headed about it, but it was fun! :o) I also got, what just might be, the worst sun burn of my life. :oP  I forgot that my skin has not seen the light of day in forever and my shoulders are now a nice bright lobster red and have a few little blisters, and my nose is just a few shades lighter. :o)    I took oodles of pics so hopefully will have a couple good ones to post.  It was hard to get good pics of the kids because I mostly saw them running in the distance. :o)  We may go back today and have a picnic dinner and try to finish mowing. Not sure yet…… but if we do I am definitely taking sunscreen!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Although you may be suffering with a burn the natural vitamin D and fresh air does good for the body!! Glad you were able to get out and have such a fun time. Seeing the kids kick up their heels and play is a delight and I imagine very difficult to capture in a picture! Good memories are treasures. Hope your next trip to finish up is just as much fun. Nancy Martin

    ReplyDelete