Now, I am sure the following thoughts will be of little consequence to my readers but, as I am sure I have mentioned before :o), it helps me to think things through if I type them out here...... Anyhow, this is a continuation of my posts on balance in blogging. I was wondering the other day what it was about my blog that makes me think it unbalanced and/or in need of change. Is it just that my blogging has changed? As time passes it is inevitable (or at least I hope it is :o) that I will grow and change and my blog will reflect this, so I don't think it is that. I think that it boils down to what I like in blogs..... My favorite blogs are those that are windows into other peoples lives. I love to hear about day to day happenings, the blogger's thoughts, beliefs, concerns and joys. For awhile I read a blog and the owner of the blog made mention of the fact that her blog was like a glass house...... You could see a most of their lives. Now I am sure there were things that didn't make it on that blog but after awhile it got overwhelming, your couldn't keep up with all of the different posts she had every day and it was just too much, so intimate it seemed awkward. There are other blogs that are more like peep holes are cracks in the wall. They share so little that they seem strangers and the blog feels unbalanced, even if you know them IRL. What I really like is a balanced view of the lives of the blogger. I want to get to know the person better through their writings. I find those that continuously allude to veiled parts of their lives annoying. I realize that sometimes it is necessary and don't mind that, it is just when it is continuous..... I do not want to give you the impression that I psychoanalyze every blog that I read, that I am judging every blog by these standards, because I don't. I am merely stating what my favorite style is. There are some blogs that I read and appreciate very much because of how easy it is to find info there when they only blog about 1 subject....... recipes for instance. My blog does not measure up to this standard and I think that is why I am mulling over the balance issue. I don't want a glass house or a crack in the wall, I really just want a window for you to get to know the real me. I know there are things that I am hiding for ridiculous reasons....... I know there are things that I over share about, I know that I have not found balance. Maybe by identifying what I want I will be able to achieve it.......
Now that you are all bored or frightened of me :o) I will tell you that potty training is still going well..... I have joined FB incognito and am keeping it small til I figure it out :o) I told you I would have to confess! :oP and we got to go to a friends and see their 11 baby goats yesterday! I want goats!!! They are so cute I am not sure it should be legal...... I will try to post pics of our visit. I was so proud of B cuz she was very brave for her. They all held the babies and loved on them and would have moved into the barn with them if I had allowed. It was great fun! Well, I am off to switch out the laundry.......
B
Poker Forum at a Glance
7 years ago


I like the same kinds of blogs as you! Blogs can be like Goldilocks huh! Too much, too little, just right! ;) Hope you have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteLoved it. Good analogies. I love a blog to be real but I'm not a big fan of over-sharing, it is a tough balance to find. It helps me to ask this question, "Would I be able to look a reader of my blog in the eye after sharing this?" If the answer is no then, "What about this post would make it awkward or uncomfortable?"
ReplyDelete